Sunday, April 3, 2011

the hustle and bustle of celebration.



God continues to freckle life with celebration! My little darlings, Kori and Elise, flew down from Spokane for spring break (as well as Kori's boyfriend Topher). On Tuesday Topher surprised Kori by proposing on the very hills she sought refuge in growing up. I could jump for GLEE I'm so happy! I'm also so happy he proposed to her in her home town, so I could help celebrate (yes, Topher, I know that was your whole purpose). Yes. My best friend and darling, Korena Apffel, will soon be married and titled Korena Webber! That sounds nice.

Life is so full of surprises, new beginnings, changes, and progressions. I remember many a wedding ceremony down our stairs in oversized, old, ripped, gowns and tattered veils, with little wilting daisies. I remember eating honeysuckle at the park while mocking our silly sisters. I remember sleeping together in the single top bunk of a cabin eagerly awaiting the hiking journey to follow. I remember laying in her tree fort as our hearts huddled around the mysteries of God. I remember grinding acorns into very nutritious "fairy food." I remember making crafts and writing stories. I remember attempting to sell flowers on her street. I remember planning for our own B&B, and actually making a cardboard model. I remember tea parties, long walks, photo shoots, and friendship rings. I remember imagining what our future husbands would be like and praying for them. And now she's marrying a fun, feisty, loving, leader who shares her adoration for coffee and bikes and her passion for Christ and His kingdom. Their wedding will be glorious, as will the start of their future together. I can not WAIT!

1 comment:

  1. i love you andrea and am so incredibly glad you where there for that important moment in my life!

    ReplyDelete